ARIN Advisory Council recommendations I have made

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Fri May 29 01:07:30 UTC 1998

On Thu, 28 May 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> All of these have been
> previously posted to the Advisory Council mailing list by myself.

Is that so?

> 3.	The motion currently on the table from the last BoT meeting to give
> 	Kim Hubbard a vote as a Trustee should be, IMHO, defeated.

First I've heard of this. If any members are curious about this there is
indeed some discussion of it in the minutes of the March 19th BoT meeting
in the Members section of the ARIN website.

> You have the other two (the address allocation policy changes and pricing
> changes) as well.  Would you like me to write these up formally?

There have been so many messages from you to the AC wandering all over the
map that I personally am not willing to consider a single one of your
suggestions unless you write them up as formal proposals in bite-size
chunks. This doesn't mean that I dislike all of your ideas because I think
you have some very good suggestions in there but they are so entangled in
accusations, innuendo, old RFCs, past actions of the Internic, antitrust
lawsuit threats, etc., that I'd rather see the proposals come to the AC
from one of the members in a clearly written, rational and cogent form
that I can deal with.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: michael at memra.com