Why does Sprint have address filters again?

Karl Denninger karl at mcs.net
Thu May 28 22:27:15 UTC 1998

On Thu, May 28, 1998 at 05:56:40PM -0400, Dean Robb wrote:
> At 13:11 5/28/98 -0500, you wrote:
> >

> >ARIN has asserted that individual members (and in fact individual AC members)
> >don't have a right to have these types of questions answered.
> >
> >It is my counter-assertion that IF ARIN is going to act as a custodian of
> >an essential facility (which it is), in the public interest (which is
> >currently open and in debate), that not only do the AC and membership have
> >these rights, but the general public has the right to full transparency
> >within ARIN's operation.
>
> I must agree with you in principle.  If YOU, of all people, are not
> permitted answers to these questions, who in the world is?  And...what do
> you get for your $1000 membership fee?

According to the bylaws (which provide me no ability to remove a BoT member
or officer, even if every other member agrees with me, and they're the only
ones who can make or implement policy; ergo, if there's folks members should
be able to fire, that's the short list) - the right to show up and stand
(or sit) in a room with others once a year.

And a cancelled check.

Karl Denninger (karl at MCS.Net)| MCSNet - Serving Chicagoland and Wisconsin
http://www.mcs.net/          | T1's from $600 monthly / All Lines K56Flex/DOV