/24 in the RIPE netblocks

Mikael Abrahamsson swmike at swm.pp.se
Thu May 28 19:52:20 UTC 1998

Ripe delegates the 193/8, 194/8 and 195/8 blocks to european customers and
some of these are /24 called "provider independant" nets and therefore
arent connected to an ISP but rather directly to the customer and thus by
definitition cannot be aggregated. The original idea was to have these so
people wouldnt have to renumber when changing ISPs. I guess a lot of you
consider this "a bad thing" (tm) but it's the way it is...

My question is how many in the US filter out these /24 announcements from
these blocks? And if you filter, would you consider making an exception
for /24 in 193,194,195/8?

-----
Mikael Abrahamsson    email: swmike at swm.pp.se