INTERNIC Question

Jim Browne nanog at pup.com
Thu May 28 03:28:51 UTC 1998

At 22:46 -0400 5/27/98, Al Reuben wrote:
>2) Why can't the Internet put interesting things in the header so that we
>could unifiy the way we look at them to automatically process them? Like:

Good question.  I posed that same question in person at NANOG 9 to the
people responsible for the system at the InterNIC.  Their response was that
it was a good idea.  Suprisingly, they haven't acted on the suggestion.  I
guess I should just send them more money and pray.

Jim Browne                                                jbrowne at jbrowne.com
         "Lesson: PC's have a `keyboard lock' switch, and it works."
   - Kevin Brick, after RMA'ing a motherboard with a "bad keyboard connector"