Wrong /24 Announcement at UU.net / BGP IOS Bug ?

Winfried Haug haug at seicom.net
Sat May 23 11:21:48 UTC 1998

> theyx have to change all filters, when a new customer is coming in. Do you see a new
> customer onFFM1 or FFM2 the last weeks ? (probably)
dont know. we are no customer of uunet. We have been there (via our former
upstream for nearly 2 years) and we know, why we left...
We had one complete routing desaster per month leading in a nearly complete
loss of connectivity for all uunet customers in ffm....

> right. the idea is to call worldcom (i think you/they  get the service from them)
>
> and as far i know we probably switch away from uunet in the future for just this reasons
>
> e.g. it does not make many sense when misannouncements happen)
yes, that why i stated, that i dont think that this is wanted by uunet,
but shows what could happen :-)

> > got germany traffic over a internation link and paid for this. Whom did
> > they pay ? right uunet.... i think this wasnt a wanted effect currently
> > but it shows what could happen and who gets money for these mistakes.
> >

> and both sides have to pay !!!
yes, but uunet has more lines, more money etc... they need not to care
for this..

> put a "teergrube" on all their networks... (for non-german, teergrube is a spam filter
> wholet the ports open till 5 -6 hours to track spam)
:-)
> >     without response...
>
> vinny: it's weekend - so not many people work only the 24/7 staff - and they are mostly
> quite busy doing weird things..

the problem is open for 48 hours now, without response... if i would be a
uunet customer with a e1 breaking down, must i also wait more than 48 hours
for a response... and they have 24*7 and they are doing crazy things
within a netblock they dont administrate...

Winni

--

Winfried Haug    |        seicom.NET & SCHWABEN.DE       | Tel. +49 7121 9770- 0
Laiblinsplatz 12 |   Internet+ISDN access & consulting   | Fax. +49 7121 9770-19