different thinking on exchanging traffic

Sean M. Doran smd at clock.org
Sat May 23 00:38:12 UTC 1998

| I am suggesting an NxOC-48
| network with peers purchasing DS3 connections at their various geographic
| locations

| With strong indications of its fiscal viability, I am now asking you ...
| Specifically, if I build it, will you come.

Uhm, the first paragraph says you will come to us, no?

Go ahead and build this, the proliferation of IXes will hasten
their demise at the hands of better, simpler, cleaner solutions.

Meanwhile, you might find the Sprint response to the NSFNET
NAP solicitation ("National Virtual NAP") hanging around somewhere
online.  You should read it and imagine why it didn't fly.

	Sean.