The questions stand

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Thu May 21 13:43:52 UTC 1998

On Thu, May 21, 1998 at 12:44:11AM -0400, John Fraizer - Administrator wrote:
> The Tier one's who want the business will maintain adequate bandwidth for
> their downstreams. Time and time again, people who haven't been interested
> in investing in the facilities to provide Tier One access have cut corners
> to line their pockets at the expence of their downstreams who far too often
> have no clue and accept the poor performance of their circuit as "normal."

Yes, John, I've been reading NANOG long enough to be aware that there
are hundreds of ways to do it wrong.

There are about a dozen ways to do it right, too.

There are only about 40 ISPs in this area, OC-3 is probably overkill...
not to mention whether it's actually _available_ reasonably, but you'll
notice that's where I started.

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com