a little thought on exchanging Jim Fleming

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Wed May 20 15:48:36 UTC 1998

On Wed, May 20, 1998 at 07:19:50AM -0500, Jim Fleming wrote:
> For example, some people design routers to "attract packets"
> like magnets. They design protocols for routers to tell other
> routers what packets to send them. Why on earth do people
> and companies want packets ? Processing packets costs
> time and money. Imagine a world where routers tell other
> routers what NOT to send them.
>
> Routers should be designed to "repel packets" and to quickly
> get rid of the ones they have. They should also be designed
> to send them as quickly as possible to the place they belong
> and not to some black-hole called a NAP so that people can
> puff out their chests about their NAP being bigger than the
> next NAP.

Has anyone nominated Jim for the Internet Kooks list, this year?

I should think he ought to be an emeritus member.

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com