SkyTel 2Way pagers DOWN all US

Golan Ben-Oni bnite at tremere.ios.com
Wed May 20 04:55:07 UTC 1998

>From what I gathered from PanAmSat's NOC, they lost contact with Galaxy
4's primary and backup controllers, but are still in communication with it
via omnimode.  They've turned off power to the payload to conserve energy,
and are suggesting to people to implement their contingency plans.

MobileComm apparently has plans to use a backup satellite, but they don't
expect their service to be online for another 7 or 8 hours.

-G