RFC for common shared IP for easy roaming

Paul Mansfield paulm at uk.psi.com
Tue May 19 16:34:29 UTC 1998

I've begun a mailing list here for this, picked out all names which were
interested in pooling ideas and/or reviewing it all.

I think its clear that there is a need for something simple, effective,
and easy for ISPs to do before IPv6/v8 and other auto-DNS over PPP etc
are available.

Briefly, ideas so far are to have a fixed nameserver in the "swamp" of IPs,
and then have hosts like relay.mail.local and so on, as well as to
pre-allocated IPs for common standard services.

I'll gladly accumulate ideas until all interested parties have "registered".

Paul
----
P Mansfield, Senior SysAdmin PSINet, +44-1223-577577x2611/577611 fax:577600
*** If a grand piano had a rubout key, I'd be a concert pianist by now! ***