ARIN allocating /20 netblocks?

Michael Dillon michael at memra.com
Sun May 17 06:14:46 UTC 1998

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> agency).  Renumbering THEM would be a job out of the depths of Hades
> itself; even broaching the subject would likely cost us the account.

I see. So if you tell the customer that they need to renumber, then they
tell you to stuff it and switch to a new provider who... tells them that
they must renumber out of your soon-to-be-reassigned address space.

I just don't see this as a realistic example of a situation in which a
renumbering ISP is at a severe business disadvantage. In fact I can't
remember ever seeing any such realistic example nor do I ever remember
hearing of a case in which an ISP lost a significant amount of business
because of renumbering.

--
Michael Dillon                 -               Internet & ISP Consulting
Memra Communications Inc.      -               E-mail: michael at memra.com