ARIN allocating /20 netblocks?

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sat May 16 20:04:46 UTC 1998

On Sat, 16 May 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> You should not have had the original problem (IMHO of course).

How do you mean?

> Consider, Jon, what happens if you fail to meet the criteria to keep that
> whole /19 - some time down the road.

I can see that being a serious concern for really small ISPs getting a /20
from a reserved /19 if they only currently utilize a /21 and have to fill
the /19 in 18 months.  We had 2 UUNet /20's to renumber out of.  Filling
the reserved /19 won't be a problem...I just need to file the paperwork to
get the top half of the /19 officially allocated.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  BellSouth: "The tariff says that,
 Network Administrator       |  but it doesn't really mean that."
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |