secure router access

Perry E. Metzger perry at piermont.com
Fri May 15 04:21:42 UTC 1998

Michael Dillon writes:
> On Fri, 15 May 1998, Dean Anderson wrote:
>
> > >If you were using ssh for secure access then the answer would be to find a
>
> > It is just as easy to download a kerberized versions of NCSA telnet or
> > NiftyTelnet, for the mac or pc.
>
> No it's not. I gave a URL for the Mac and Windows ssh clients; you didn't.

URL or no, I've played with both kerberized NCSA telnet and SSH --
anyone who claims that setting up and maintaining a KDC is as easy as
the "point and shoot" rlogin replacement portion of SSH hasn't really
tried both possibilities. SSH is far simpler -- its almost foolproof,
and it requires no infrastructure commitment to run.

Perry