1.1.1.0/24

andrew khoo andrewk at aussie.net
Thu May 14 04:13:12 UTC 1998

On Wed, 13 May 1998, Randy Bush wrote:

> > I'm not sure about 12/8, but recently 61/8 was allocated to APNIC and we
> > were probably the first to get allocated a /19 in this address space.
> >
> > A few providers were filtering at /8, but in pretty much all cases a quick
> > email to them got their filters changed.
>
> If the announcements in old A space are /19 or shorter, folk will listen.

try to get australian providers to advertise a /19 or shorter :)

the problem is that we allocate /22s. /23s and /24s regularly as a matter
of course, and invariably all their customers will multihome and suddenly
we see lots of announcements of longer prefixes.

the concept of "provider blocks" has not quite been embraced all over the
world :)

| andrew khoo  <andrew at ourworld.net> | aus: +61-2-9223-2777 |
| rebel leader and network architect | usa: +1-415-902-8820 |
| Ourworld Global Network, Australia | ---  We Bite(tm) --- |