Possible login/password grabbing ploy

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Wed May 13 23:29:33 UTC 1998

On Wed, May 13, 1998 at 02:29:46AM -0400, Jon Lewis wrote:
> Only if they chose to believe you have a good enough reason for wanting
> them.  I wanted them for what I thought was a totally legit purpose...we
> were preparing to renumber, and as part of the task of renumbering, I
> wanted to compile a list of all domains for which we're supposed to be
> authorative.  I was told "that's not good enough...send us the DNS server
> info, we'll run the search and let you know how it turns out."  I did so,
> and never heard back.
>
> The renumbering is now done...and I never did get to compile a list of all
> the domains we're lame for.

If that wasn't a good enough reason, then I submit that the person in
administrative control of that process knows nothing whatever about the
Internet, and should be relieved of that responsibility, if not their
job, immediately.

It casts serious doubt on NetSol's fitnes to operate a registry, as
well, I think.

Can you tell I'm not in a good mood right now?

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com