Spam .. Find the sender !

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Wed May 13 00:34:47 UTC 1998

On Tue, May 12, 1998 at 01:06:17AM -0400, Dean Robb wrote:
> >	Looks like a UUnet dialup user to me.  I'd say call UUnet's NOC,
> >find out to whom this dialup was resold (e.g. Mindspring, Earthlink,
> >etc...) and give them a call.  Good luck.
> >

> And if the NOC actually provides that info, please drop me a line.  Their
> abuse people keep telling us on SPAM-L that they their legal VP won't let
> them release the names of the resellers using the POPs.  If there's a way
> around that...it'd be most handy...

I don't expect them to release it to _me_, but if they refuse to pursue
the spam problem with _their_ customer, whom they _can identify_, then,
well... maybe it's time for someone to threaten
president at whitehouse.gov via a leased UUnet dialup...

Cheers,
-- jra
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com