Core router bakeoff?

GUESDON Herve CNET/DSE/ISS herve.guesdon at cnet.francetelecom.fr
Mon May 11 10:13:27 UTC 1998

I use both CISCO GRF400 and GateD. I think that GateD is the best
easy to use and develop public routing software. But even if the GRF400
runs GateD, it's not as reliable as a CISCO 7500 per example.
The GRF400 has to much bugs to be an operational backbone router.
For example when you redistribute static routes via BGP, the GRF
redistributes the adress IP of the non telecommunication port to.
The Ascend technical center is not helpful nor the documentation.
And the performance are limited to an average of 50k pps per card.

But with the time i think that the GRF could be a good alternative
towards CISCO.

hervé
Hervé Guesdon
CNET/DSE/SDL/LIR                     Tel : 01 45 29 43 74
e-mail  herve.guesdon at cnet.francetelecom.fr
what does a grape say when you step on it ?
nothing just a little wine