AT&T NOC?

Jay R. Ashworth jra at scfn.thpl.lib.fl.us
Sat May 9 20:43:20 UTC 1998

On Sun, May 10, 1998 at 02:09:03AM +1000, BOFH wrote:
> AT&T are currently advertising 61.8/20 for some reason but 61.8/19
> is one of my networks. I need to contact them urgently as this
> is affecting about half of my customers. I'v fired of an email
> to noc at att.net but havent got anything yet.
>
> Is this the correct address for their NOC or should I try
> elsewhere?

On Sat, May 09, 1998 at 09:25:00AM -0700, Randy Bush replied, sarcastically:
> This is not a NOC at all.  This is a mailing list, read by quite a few
> network operators, many of whom are not impressed by would be operators
> who can not tell a mailing list from a NOC.
>
> One of AT&T's NOCs may be reached at +1 (314) 519-5708.  I found this
> surprising information using whois.

Now, see, Randy?  There you go again.

"noc at att.net ... Is _this_ the correct address".

You _knew_ what he meant.

Cheers,
-- jr 'quit it, ok?' a
The Suncoast Freenet      "Two words: Darth Doogie."  -- Jason Colby,
Tampa Bay, Florida             on alt.fan.heinlein             +1 813 790 7592

Managing Editor, Top Of The Key sports e-zine ------------ http://www.totk.com