Core router bakeoff?

Blake Willis blakew at cais.net
Fri May 8 06:24:42 UTC 1998

Jason,

	About a year ago I heard a rumor that a pretty good sized batch of
Ascend P50s made it out of the factory with the same MAC address.  Of
course, this is semi-OK if they all go to seperate sites, but the Max 1800
was not in widespread use at that time, so the only option for doing
dedicated ISDN BRI <-> BRI was to have a rack full of P50s.  You can
imagine what fun the poor guy that had to figure that one out went
through before he figured out the real problem, called Ascend, and
explained to them how ARP works...

	Blake Willis
	CAIS Engineering

Blake Willis           					703-448-4470x483
Network Engineer, New Customers				blakew at cais.net
CAIS Internet, a CGX Communications Company