Re (2): Core router bakeoff?

Eric Germann ekgermann at CCTEC.COM
Fri May 8 15:42:40 UTC 1998

At 10:10 PM 5/7/98 -0400, jkucic at kpmg.com wrote:
>Eric Germann <ekgermann at cctec.com>,Internet writes:

<snip>

</snip>

>Hey, you haven't spoken with your local Cabletron rep lately; Cabletron is
>pushing channel relationships again.

The abuser says "I won't do it again, I swear".  Yeah right.

>Now that I ragged on em, they do have solid stuff.  I have one client who
>has had their MMAC hubs up and running for about 8 years with narry a
>hiccup.  And these are in rotten basements.
>
>You are right but is it Year 2000 compliant?

Do we really care if an unmanaged hub is Y2K compliant?  As long as it
forwards packets....

BTW, saw a great ad the other day from Nortel on y2k compliance on T1
concentrators.  Anyone have any idea why it matters in a mux, if it isn't
managed?

Eric