Core router bakeoff?

Jon Green jcgreen at netins.net
Thu May 7 22:00:50 UTC 1998

On Thu, 07 May 1998 17:33:03 -0400, perry at piermont.com writes:

>Gregory Mirsky writes:
>> Perry, may I ask why you exclude Bay and 3Com? Any particular bad
>> experience from the previous life?
>
>I've only actually had bad experience with Bay stuff -- 3Com isn't
>even in the running for the most part -- the software doesn't even
>pretend to be able to do the job for a backbone.

I've had really good experience with Bay stuff (when I was a customer)
which is why I work for Bay now.  I'm interested in hearing what the bad
experiences were and if they still apply today.

-Jon

    *      Jon Green            *         "Life's a dance             *
   *   jcgreen at netINS.net       *          you learn as you go"        *
  *  Finger for Geek Code/PGP   *                                       *
 *  #include "std_disclaimer.h" * http://www.netins.net/showcase/jcgreen *