Core router bakeoff?

Arnaud Girsch agirsch at OASysGroup.com
Thu May 7 22:30:14 UTC 1998

> > They just released some announcement that major companies and campuses are
> > using their equipment for new backbones.
>
> That sounds like salesspeak. I've used lots of cabletron hubs and such
> over the years, but they never seemed to have real routers.

They just released in Las Vegas their new line of "SmartSwitch Routers" ...
I recently read an independant comparison, and they were "faster" than Cisco.

I don't know about reliability, functionalities, etc ... I haven't had much
experience with these.

Arnaud.

--
Arnaud C. Girsch      -+-       The OASys Group, Inc.
agirsch at OASysGroup.com  -+- Tel: 408-872-0203 Fax: 408-872-0210 - Saratoga, CA