Routing Policy and http://rs.arin.net/ip-allocation.html

Jason L. Weisberger jweis at softaware.com
Wed May 6 19:58:01 UTC 1998

Anyways to address the actual question:

I haven't dealt with anyone other than Sprint filtering space longer than
/19 in the 206.0.0.0/8 but in the past I had issues with both UUnet and
Agis filtering errant /24's and /23's out of 204.0.0.0/8.

I've been very clearly telling all my customers that while I will route
their IP space for them, as long as its allocated to them - I will not be
responsible for anything that we know Sprint may or may not filter on any
given day. It generally works well, they take space from me and we
resubmit their space to whomever the governing body is/was at the time.

For customers that really have a need we push as hard as we can to get
them their own /19 so they'll not have to renumber but we know the issues
involved with this.

jlw

--
Jason Weisberger
Chief Technology Officer

"Let us cross over the river, and rest under the shade of the trees."
-Thomas Jonathan "Stonewall" Jackson