VIX Looking Glass (was: AS1853 announcing default)

Christian Panigl, ACOnet/UniVie panigl at cc.univie.ac.at
Wed May 6 18:14:38 UTC 1998

>Date: Wed, 06 May 1998 11:50:55 -0400
>From: Paul Ferguson <ferguson at cisco.com>

    Hi Paul,

    and whoever might have gotten nervous about our (AS1853) "default-route":

    please calm down, there is no such beast, and we have never announced a
    default-route "at the Vienna Internet eXchange" (http://www.vix.at/).
    Please read below my answer/explanation to Paul Donner,  the rumour is
    based on a misinterpretation ...

    As I'm not subscriber to the NANOG list, my CC to this list will most
    probably bounce back, therefore, Paul, please forward my answer there !!!

    Regards
    CP