SMURF amplifier page

Chris Fletcher chris at ripe.net
Mon May 4 09:58:46 UTC 1998

> As promised, we now have a web page for this.
>
> The current smurf list is at http://www.mcs.net/smurf
>
> This will be updated roughly weekly, or whenever major changes are made
> to the list of blocked networks.  It contains, in addition to dialogue on
> the Smurf issue, a list of network numbers and "whois" lookups on the
> owners.

If you want to contact the operators of these networks please read the
objects carefully. In the ARIN database address space allocated by
other regional registries (RIPE NCC in Europe & APNIC in Asia/Pacific)
will have a record of the form...

  NETWORK NUMBER BEING BLOCKED: 194.47.136
  European Regional Internet Registry/RIPE NCC (NETBLK-RIPE-C2)
     These addresses have been further assigned to European users.
     Their contact information can be found in the RIPE database.
     See below how to use that database to obtain up-to-date information.

     Netname: RIPE-CBLK2
     Netblock: 194.0.0.0 - 194.255.255.0
     Maintainer: RIPE

     Coordinator:
	RIPE Network Co-ordination Centre  (RNC-ORG-ARIN)  nicdb at RIPE.NET
	+31 20 535 4444
  Fax- +31 20 535 4445

     Domain System inverse mapping provided by:

     NS.RIPE.NET                  193.0.0.193
     NS.EU.NET                    192.16.202.11
     AUTH03.NS.UU.NET             198.6.1.83
     NS2.NIC.FR                   192.93.0.4
     SUNIC.SUNET.SE               192.36.125.2 192.36.148.18
     MUNNARI.OZ.AU                128.250.1.21
     TECKLA.APNIC.NET             202.12.28.129

     The RIPE database is available via the WHOIS and TELNET
     servers at whois.ripe.net.  For further information see
     http://www.ripe.net/
     To search on arbitrary strings, see the Database page on
     the RIPE NCC web-site at http://www.ripe.net/db/

     Record last updated on 03-Dec-97.
     Database last updated on 30-Apr-98 16:09:22 EDT.

  The ARIN Registration Services Host contains ONLY Internet
  Network Information: Networks, ASN's, and related POC's.
  Please use the whois server at rs.internic.net for DOMAIN related
  Information and nic.ddn.mil for MILNET Information.

So to find the user of this address space do something like this...

  ; whois -h whois.ripe.net 194.47.136.0

  % Rights restricted by copyright. See http://www.ripe.net/db/dbcopyright.html

  inetnum:     194.47.128.0 - 194.47.159.0
  netname:     KARONET
  descr:       University College in Karlskrona/Ronneby
  descr:       Karlskrona, Sweden
  country:     SE
  admin-c:     Phillip Dale
  tech-c:      Phillip Dale
  changed:     geertj at ripe.net 940307
  source:      RIPE

  route:       194.47.0.0/16
  descr:       SUNET-2845 Aggregate 1
  origin:      AS2845
  mnt-by:      SUNET-MNT
  changed:     bc at sunet.se 950419
  source:      RIPE

  route:       194.47.0.0/16
  descr:       SUNET-2845 Aggregate 1
  origin:      AS1653
  mnt-by:      SUNET-MNT
  changed:     bc at sunet.se 980403
  source:      RIPE

  person:      Phillip Dale
  address:     University of Karlskrona/Ronneby
  address:     Computer Services
  address:     S-371 79  KARLSKRONA
  address:     Sweden
  phone:       +46 455 78000
  fax-no:      +46 455 78007
  e-mail:      pdale at dat.hk-r.se
  nic-hdl:     PDA6-RIPE
  notify:      pdale at dat.hk-r.se
  changed:     geertj at ripe.net 940307
  changed:     pdale at dat.hk-r.se 980407
  changed:     hostmaster at ripe.net 980407
  source:      RIPE

Alex Bligh writes
> Would it be possible to take the amplifier list and publish an abbreviated
> version sorted by origin AS (will need a BGP lookup).

This information is also available from the (various) routing
registries. See the 'route:' object above.

Chris - RIPE NCC