ISP Peering

john at shutter.net john at shutter.net
Fri May 1 13:55:48 UTC 1998

Here is an overview of my situation and I felt that someone here may
be able to help out.  I work for an ISP and also run a cottagenet.
One of the cottagenets in the area was interested in running
a t-1to my location.

We would then act as a peering of sorts.  I could send traffic
through him while he sends through me.  We are both on different
backbones so I felt it could be beneficial.

I know BGP would have to be run, but I am curious what other sort of
thing I will have to read up on before this is possible.