AU Hacker/Credit Card Distributro gets 3years/18 months

Adam Todd at at ah.net
Fri Mar 27 07:03:23 UTC 1998

Australian Computer Hacker and Credit Card distributor gets 18 months.

This is "unoffical" news, I'm waiting for something more concrete, but
certainlthe AU ISP list is reeling in on this matter.  Skeeve Stevens
wasn't the most "liked" person in the Internet Industry and is known for
making very strong and critical comments - often abusive - towards other
users.

Brings me to question the "religious" bit ???

>From: Zed Connect Pty Ltd <isp at zed.org>
>Subject: [Oz-ISP] SKEEVE GOT GOAL
>To: aussie-isp at aussie.net
>Date: Fri, 27 Mar 1998 13:28:37 +1100 (EST)
>
>SKEEVE STEVENS GOT GOAL
>=======================
>
>Mr Skeeve Stevens, the alleged "Optik Surfer", has been gailed for the
>crime of "altering data", which holds a maximum term of 10 years goal.
>
>During sentancing this morning, at the Downing Local Court, the Judge
>announced that she had fully considered all the material and evidence
>presented, and taking into account that the crime appeared to have been
>done with malice.
>
>She disregarded his recent marriage, to Zita Gorman, and his religeous
>beliefs, and the work he is doing with various religeous bodies.
>
>She also commented that although he had pleaded GUILTY to to crime, this
>was done in the '11th hour', and appeared to show no remorse, and was just
>a tactic to lighten the sentance.
>
>On final summation she announced that the only punishement that would fit
>this crime would be 3 years goal, with reconnecance for 18 months.  Which
>means if he is a good boy he will be out in 18 months.
>
>He was then immediatley taken down by court security.
>
>Witnesses commented that this outcome was an unexpected blow by the Stevens
>camp.  Mr Stevens wife had appeared disrought at the decision.

The advice offered in this email is not considered professional advice,
or it would be accompanied by an invoice. No permission is granted for
republication of comments, without written consent.
Business Development, Technology Domain Registration and Network Advisory
Telstra Convery Member			  AURSC    http://www.aursc.ah.net
Adam Todd                                 Personal http://adamtodd.ah.net
at at aus  or  at at ah.net				   http://adam.says.sheesh
Phone +61 2 9729 0565                     Network  http://www.ah.net