Access Lists

Steve Sobol sjsobol at devel.nacs.net
Thu Mar 26 02:04:03 UTC 1998

On Wed, Mar 25, 1998 at 08:41:27PM -0500, Martin, Christian wrote:
> It is more of a case of at all.  My associates feel that if a downstream
> ISP pissed someone off, it is their problem to solve, not ours.  We do

It's not always the ISP's fault... and while they should be the ones
ultimately responsible for protecting themselves against DoS attacks,
if a downstream of ours had a similar problem and came to us for aid, we
would probably at least make some attempt to help them get the problem solved.

I think there is a way to block spoofed addresses on the 75xx series, but as
I am not the Cisco/IOS expert here, I'm not sure exactly what it is. I am
going to check with the boss and if he has an answer I will present it here.

--
   Steve Sobol, Tech Support Guru, NACS.NET  [http://www.nacs.net/support]
 (The address I use on Usenet is a valid address - don't try to unmunge it!)