Internic hosage

Steve Sobol sjsobol at devel.nacs.net
Sat Mar 21 03:41:06 UTC 1998

On Fri, Mar 20, 1998 at 09:57:04PM -0500, Dean Robb wrote:

> Thank you for the word.  Unfortunately, I think you're being led astray.
> According to Chuck Gomes, their Director of Customer Programs:

I'm going to give them the benefit of the doubt here and assume that the
two people in question have differing opinions or, perhaps Mr. Holtzman
knows something at this point that Mr. Gomes does not. A policy like this
is not necessarily something that Mr. Gomes will be involved in as it doesn't
relate directly to his job, and David Holtzman is apparently higher up the
corporate ladder (according to his signature, he is Senior VP/Engineering.)

> Furthermore, Chuck, in several weeks of exchanges, was never able to
> provide a single valid reason ["because people filter on domain names"
> doesn't constitute a valid reason] why they don't just enforce their
> Registration Agreement and delete a domain with false information when it's
> brought to their attention.

> If it's in your contract, and the violation is pointed out to you...how
> much "work" does the problem need?

I do think that the fact that it's in their contract is enough of a reason.
I have had the opinion in the past that although NSI customers are forced to
play by their rules, NSI themselves do not necessarily always play by the
same rules. But I am going to sit tight for a little while and see what
comes out of NSI. It's true that David Holtzman may be blowing smoke up my
ass, but I am going to give him a chance to prove that he's not.

--
   Steve Sobol, Tech Support Guru, NACS.NET  [http://www.nacs.net/support]
 (The address I use on Usenet is a valid address - don't try to unmunge it!)