[nanog] Re: Building a NOC

Nathan Stratton nathan at robotics.net
Wed Mar 18 03:41:39 UTC 1998

On Tue, 17 Mar 1998, Scott Kozicki wrote:

> S.T.Balbach wrote:
> >
> > Correct. There are people who build NOC's for a living. You don't want to
> > know all the details of generators, floors, AC, power loads, BTU's, heat
> > exhaust, etc.. all of which has to be negotiated according to local county
> > and state rules and regs, building owner regs -- its a massive undertaking
> > to do it right, there are people who do soley this and are good at it.
>
> Anyone care to chime in as 'an expert'?
>
> I'd love to talk to a NOCMeister about building one.

I have built 8 colos so far with 10 - 200 racks and 2 NOCs. I have done
everything from design all of the systems to actually laying block. There
is WAY to much that goes into building a colo to talk about this on this
list. If you want more info send me some email and I may be able to help
you out.

P.S. Not all of my colo centers were airplane proof as one person at
NANOG kindly noted. :-)

--
Nathan Stratton				Telecom & ISP Consulting
www.robotics.net	 		nathan at robotics.net