UDP broadcast filters.

jlixfeld at idirect.ca jlixfeld at idirect.ca
Mon Mar 16 14:39:24 UTC 1998

I've kept hearing about a UDP smurf floating around and I'd like to put up
a firewall to prevent it.  Can anyone give me any insight on how this is
done?  I don't understand enough about UDP, broadcasts or enough about
access-lists to create an effective one.  Can anyone give me some
pointers?

--
Regards,

Jason A. Lixfeld             jlixfeld at idirect.ca
System Administrator [L5]    jlixfeld at torontointernetxchange.net

TUCOWS Interactive Ltd. o/a  | "A Different Kind of Internet Company"
Internet Direct Canada Inc.  | "FREE BANDWIDTH for Toronto Area IAPs"
5415 Dundas Street West      | http://www.torontointernetxchange.net
Suite 301, Toronto Ontario   | (416) 236-5806 ext 18 (T)
M9B-1B5 CANADA               | (416) 236-5804        (F)