BGP Confederation config problem...

Andy McConnell andym at nttlabs.com
Mon Mar 9 16:57:29 UTC 1998

But it isn't considered IBGP within the confederation.  The router makes a
distinction between routes learned from an IBGP peer (internal) and a
confederation EBGP peer (confederation-external) and will ALWAYS pick the
external route, all other items above it in the selection list being
equal.

I've eliminated trying to increase the AS path, since it's ignored within
the confederation.

Setting the MED is the crux of the problem - I can set it "statically",
but the idea is to make the whole confederation dynamic.  I want the
confederation to work like a true "internet".  (Yes, I'm asking for the
world...)

-Andy

--
Andy McConnell       アンディ マッコネル
Network Architect, NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories

I think myself that we have more machinery of government than is necessary,
too many parasites living on the labor of the industrious.

	-- Thomas Jefferson, 1812