BGP Confederation config problem...

Andy McConnell andym at nttlabs.com
Fri Mar 6 22:49:08 UTC 1998

More info:

Per Avi's suggestion, I implemented this route map for all outbound
advertisements:

	route-map addone permit 10
	  set metric +1

(assumes match all)

I'm running IOS 11.2 or 11.1(11) on the routers.  The Command reference
for 11.1 and 11.2 does not mention the ability to use +1 to increment, but
the online command "help" shows:

Enter configuration commands, one per line.  End with CNTL/Z.
router(config)#route-map addone
router(config-rou)#set metric ?
  +/-<metric>     Add or subtract metric
  <0-4294967295>  Metric value or IGRP bandwidth in Kbits per second
  <cr>

Does this really mean "Add one", or "Reset to Positive 1"?

-Andy

--
Andy McConnell       アンディ マッコネル
Network Architect, NTT Multimedia Communications Laboratories

Slogan of 105.9, the classic rock radio station in Chicago: "Of
all the radio stations in Chicago ... we're one of them."