InterNIC problems?

Steve Sobol sjsobol at devel.nacs.net
Wed Mar 4 00:27:32 UTC 1998

On Tue, Mar 03, 1998 at 12:19:20PM -0500, Peter Murray wrote:
> I've not heard anything from the InterNIC in recent days - forms
> submitted via their web page aren't resulting in forms in my inbox
> anymore. Has anyone else noticed a distinct lack of InterNIC mail
> lately? The last time I got anything from them was 15.45 on 2/28/98.

Today (3/3), I submitted two new registrations and got back messages an hour
later that the work had been done. I also submitted a change form for a DNS
host, and they apparently give that lower priority because it's been two
days and I haven't gotten the confirmation request yet; but I have received
the notice "Changes must be submitted by a domain contact", etc., and mods
always take a bit longer than new registrations anyhow. Whois, of course, is
broken more often than it's working.

--
    Steve Sobol, NACS.NET Technical Support [http://www.nacs.net/support]
	      sjsobol at nacs.net/sjsobol at nstc.com/sjsobol at apk.net
     Moderator, alt.religion.afterburner [http://antispam.nstc.com/ara]
	      SPAM(tm) belongs in a can, not on a mail server.