Digex transparent proxying

Paul Vixie vixie at vix.com
Sun Jun 28 15:07:50 UTC 1998

> Or detect a proxy and refuse service (which, if I was doing this, is exactly
> what I would do).

"Go ahead, make my day."  If you can detect the proxy box I used to sell via
MII, and refuse service to it, I will post a retraction right here.

> Not to mention those to derive advertising revenue from "views", and have no
> way to measure them in a cached environment.

"No way"?  How about:

rfc2227.txt -- Simple Hit-Metering and Usage-Limiting for HTTP.
	J. Mogul, P. Leach. October 1997. (Format: TXT=85127 bytes)

Playboy.COM did something like that to @Home last year for a similar reason.
--
Paul Vixie
La Honda, CA			"Many NANOG members have been around