Digex transparent proxying

Rich Sena ras at poppa.clubrich.tiac.net
Sat Jun 27 09:49:34 UTC 1998

On Sat, 27 Jun 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> Not to mention those to derive advertising revenue from "views", and have no
> way to measure them in a cached environment.  If I was doing that, I would
> also deny service to proxy servers and display a nice message telling the
> user to remove the proxy or bitch about its forced use.

Karl that is silly - in the a lot less time and effort that you would put
in setting up your redirect - you could have just used  a correct Expires
header and has your content (or at least just the suff that you want to
remain dynamic) avoid the cache.  It serves you as the designer as much as
it serves the enduser (speedier loads).  If your page comes up quickly
chances are the person will venture around a bit londer and click more
links in the 20 minutes that they have before their date picks them up
etc...  It's common sense.

I am nothing if not net-Q! - ras at poppa.clubrich.tiac.net