Digex transparent proxying

Rich Sena ras at poppa.clubrich.tiac.net
Sat Jun 27 09:45:46 UTC 1998

On Fri, 26 Jun 1998, ken emery wrote:

> Except when listening to the "proper" headers has been turned off by the
> cache (which some of these caching products support or will support).

In thoise instances though the implimenter of the cache is the fool - not
the manufacturer - like anything the operator/implimentor of a caching
product should have some understanding of WTF they are doing - sadly you
are right - Ken - thre undoubtably are ppl out there that will say "Hey
this will let me cache it longer - kewl beans!" - and will suffer the
consequences of their decision - but that doesn't really mean that the
product should not afford the operater the options of fine tuning their
performance.

I am nothing if not net-Q! - ras at poppa.clubrich.tiac.net