backbone transparent proxy / connection hijacking

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Fri Jun 26 00:36:13 UTC 1998

On 25 Jun 1998, Paul Vixie wrote:

> I don't think Digex is using one of our boxes, and if they are using one
> of the "just run Inktomi software on a Solaris box and put an Alteon next
> to it" then there are going to be some wierd little unspecified protocol
> violations that only Alteon, and a new protocol between Alteon and Inktomi,

The proxy we seem to be trapped with is:
REMOTE_HOST = dca1-wc2.atlas.digex.net
REMOTE_ADDR = 165.117.17.251

Trying 165.117.17.251...
Connected to 165.117.17.251.
Escape character is '^]'.

SunOS 5.6

login:

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.