backbone transparent proxy / connection hijacking

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Thu Jun 25 23:49:30 UTC 1998

On Thu, 25 Jun 1998, Karl Denninger wrote:

> > I wouldn't have a problem with Digex setting up some web caches and
> > encouraging customers to setup their own caches and have them talk to the
> > Digex ones via ICP...but caching everything without our knowledge/consent
> > stinks.
>
> Sigh...... why did I know this kind of crap (hijacking connections) was
> going to start.  Grrr.....

It's a good thing we got our own CIDR block when renumbering out of uunet
space.  If Digex doesn't reconsider this new policy, I'll be looking for
quotes on non-proxied transit (T1 or Frame T1) in Gainesville, FL.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.