RBL Update (Re: Lets go vixie!! rbl)

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Thu Jun 18 04:31:21 UTC 1998

On Wed, 17 Jun 1998, Steve Sobol wrote:

> > I would have to agree with this, but I would say that the caveat is that
> > the ISP should notify the customer (somewhere, anywhere) that they use the
> > RBL (or at least that the ISP reserves the right to block domains and/or
>
> The agreement Paul Vixie makes RBL users sign states that EXPLICITLY.
> You are not allowed to use the RBL unless you disclose such use fully to
> your customers and/or downstreams.

The agreement explicitly says nothing of the sort.  At least not the one I
signed.  Did you look at the one you signed?  Did you sign one?

fdt-gw#The agreement Paul Vixie makes RBL users sign states that EXPLICITLY
        ^
% Invalid input detected at '^' marker.

Can we please argue about the merits/evils of the RBL elsewhere?

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.