Operational: Need IMMEDIATE cooperation to trace a smurf...

Dalvenjah FoxFire dalvenjah at dal.net
Wed Jun 17 17:18:00 UTC 1998

Hi folks,

I don't know if this'll work, but I thought I'd try it.

One of the networks containing a DALnet server is currently under smurf
attack, and has been so since 3:30 AM Pacific Time.

I need folks with access to your cores (including MCI, Sprint, and all
the other big folks) to sniff in the right places and see if you can't
find some ICMP_ECHO_REQUEST packets with the SOURCE address of 209.133.28.*.

(You can rest assured that this network isn't sending anything of the sort
right now.)

I'm hoping we'll get lucky and find this person by chance. If not, oh well,
but it's worth a shot.

Please e-mail me back (dalvenjah at dal.net) or telephone me (619-678-8586)
if you find packets of this nature transiting your network.

Thank you,

-dalvenjah
--
 Dalvenjah FoxFire (aka Sven Nielsen)  May evil beware...and may good dress
 Founder, the DALnet IRC Network       warmly and eat plenty of vegetables.