Smurf Amps List

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sat Jun 13 21:49:05 UTC 1998

On Sat, 13 Jun 1998, Jared Mauch wrote:

> 	My list is by no means a complete list of smurf blocks, but more
> a list to give you the possible netblocks that are not fixed.  It is likeley
> that if someone has a /19 /16 /14, etc.. that they use to assign customers
> out of, if the beginning of the block is smurfable, it's quite possible
> the rest of it is too.

OTOH, the first customer in that block might have clue, and many others
might not.

I'll bet we could get much more thorough coverage if you took a BGP
routing table, expanded all supernets into collections of /24's, and then
distributed chunks of the resulting list...sort of like the rc5 encryption
breaking project.  If half the subscribers of nanog would each be willing
to check one chunk, the whole list could probably be processed in no time.

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.