smurf amp nets

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Sat Jun 13 04:35:02 UTC 1998

I just recorded 4.5mb of a smurf attack directed at one of my servers.
Here's a list of the networks used as amplifiers and the number of
different hosts responding from each network.

If you received this message and did not get it via the NANOG mailing list
(or received multiple copies of this message), then you are listed with an
IP registry as being the maintainer of one of the networks near the top of
the list below.

If you do no know what smurf is or why being a smurf amplifier is bad,
please read http://www.quadrunner.com/~chuegen/smurf.txt.  By continuing
to be a smurf amplifier, you will risk portions of the Internet cutting
off connectivity to your network, and may provoke attacks on your
networks or hosts.

207.164.49:  87
205.68.128:  80
131.179.96:  63
206.39.81:   58
207.137.77:  46
207.123.94:  41
208.133.51:  33
207.141.205: 31
205.225.15:  29
206.39.75:   27
193.118.192: 26
192.208.46:  24
204.163.200: 23
207.102.100: 23
194.153.0:   23
194.72.186:  19
194.205.4:   19
195.224.29:  19
194.193.110: 19
192.86.78:   18
207.141.179: 17
207.204.135: 17
164.38.16:   17
193.117.190: 16
192.149.109: 16
207.87.98:   16
194.238.48:  16
204.215.181: 15
195.216.16:  15
205.225.30:  15
209.36.0:    14
195.188.206: 14
199.95.207:  14
144.85.10:   14
193.164.172: 14
198.82.184:  13
198.76.172:  13
207.243.60:  13
204.249.16:  12
140.222.56:  12
195.166.32:  12
129.210.8:   12
205.184.109: 12
207.243.45:  12
205.226.153: 12
128.11.27:   12
194.73.141:  12
206.28.165:  11
207.141.24:  11
193.115.32:  10
207.243.15:  10
204.164.100: 10
204.97.148:  10
204.107.162: 10
198.76.181:  10
194.88.77:   10
128.11.24:   10
199.242.245: 9
206.243.214: 9
198.112.240: 9
205.232.33:  9
207.233.86:  9
204.107.163: 9
206.39.78:   8
206.39.79:   8
206.119.82:  8
208.133.50:  8
140.89.18:   7
204.250.54:  7
206.39.82:   7
207.141.96:  7
192.65.144:  7
207.60.44:   7
205.225.27:  7
193.123.31:  7
164.38.19:   7
140.89.16:   6
164.67.128:  6
206.105.235: 6
206.105.236: 6
206.105.238: 6
205.181.168: 6
207.121.155: 6
129.210.11:  6
4.1.107:     6
192.216.247: 6
194.72.123:  6
207.121.91:  6
205.181.101: 6
207.243.240: 6
205.244.34:  6
207.236.112: 6
205.227.44:  6
207.87.20:   5
206.105.239: 5
207.28.162:  5
206.149.201: 5
199.240.110: 5
207.28.174:  5
166.77.235:  5
205.225.26:  5
206.119.169: 5
199.251.133: 5
207.120.147: 5
128.173.100: 4
206.39.72:   4
206.39.76:   4
207.28.163:  4
206.149.204: 4
162.127.7:   4
204.119.165: 4
207.0.88:    4
207.0.91:    4
205.218.18:  4
164.38.17:   4
164.38.18:   4
206.39.93:   3
206.149.228: 3
206.149.229: 3
195.216.24:  3
205.225.28:  3
207.233.88:  3
193.164.160: 3
205.226.152: 3
194.88.75:   3
209.178.0:   2
207.244.95:  2
194.126.66:  2
206.39.77:   2
206.34.74:   2
207.155.151: 2
206.149.208: 2
206.34.80:   2
172.16.99:   2
164.67.160:  2
206.34.91:   2
154.32.18:   2
204.167.134: 2
4.1.25:      2
12.127.147:  2
131.192.100: 2
207.21.26:   2
206.85.107:  2
206.250.100: 2
207.242.71:  2
209.155.16:  2
206.34.100:  2
206.34.101:  2
194.51.203:  2
195.92.210:  2
144.85.14:   2
193.164.161: 2
205.244.33:  2
195.200.12:  2
207.122.94:  2
207.240.2:   2
206.34.46:   1
195.50.72:   1
193.115.33:  1
128.97.251:  1
206.105.227: 1
164.38.32:   1
4.1.1:       1
206.105.231: 1
194.247.64:  1
206.39.70:   1
199.93.199:  1
144.85.200:  1
194.154.13:  1
137.52.109:  1
165.113.56:  1
144.85.207:  1
206.34.78:   1
206.98.32:   1
12.127.114:  1
128.97.46:   1
205.125.0:   1
157.130.0:   1
195.5.1:     1
206.39.92:   1
206.39.94:   1
206.39.98:   1
204.70.226:  1
12.127.209:  1
205.68.129:  1
205.202.164: 1
206.34.95:   1
204.59.1:    1
195.15.6:    1
195.89.160:  1
207.60.45:   1
195.89.163:  1
193.118.193: 1
204.70.164:  1
128.97.79:   1
4.0.128:     1
154.32.26:   1
195.99.124:  1
192.221.137: 1
4.0.63:      1
4.0.64:      1
12.127.232:  1
194.177.180: 1
144.85.1:    1
4.0.132:     1
194.80.132:  1
4.0.135:     1
206.41.10:   1
166.48.6:    1
137.39.135:  1
207.123.112: 1
196.7.77:    1
131.32.39:   1
209.4.206:   1
166.77.10:   1
204.119.168: 1
194.74.17:   1
207.165.237: 1
255.255.255: 1
12.127.163:  1
207.87.97:   1
4.0.144:     1
12.127.37:   1
149.142.122: 1
207.140.148: 1
4.0.80:      1
196.7.126:   1
192.216.246: 1
195.166.6:   1
207.0.84:    1
131.192.31:  1
131.192.32:  1
12.127.177:  1
207.233.85:  1
12.127.179:  1
204.97.134:  1
149.142.76:  1
169.139.60:  1
193.36.37:   1
4.1.66:      1
207.0.90:    1
206.149.195: 1
12.127.180:  1
207.217.50:  1
207.123.29:  1
4.0.240:     1
4.0.160:     1
194.72.131:  1
195.92.201:  1
128.97.113:  1
137.145.112: 1
207.68.13:   1
198.247.230: 1
194.205.68:  1
195.232.0:   1
157.130.193: 1
172.16.0:    1
172.16.1:    1
194.38.93:   1
131.119.18:  1
4.0.182:     1
192.221.96:  1
131.119.26:  1
131.119.28:  1
12.127.81:   1
128.97.147:  1
12.127.83:   1
164.67.72:   1
131.119.36:  1
131.119.38:  1
204.59.224:  1
128.97.230:  1
193.118.200: 1
194.164.1:   1
194.88.82:   1
131.119.49:  1
207.240.1:   1
207.137.76:  1
205.182.0:   1

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.