gated

Jerry Scharf scharf at vix.com
Fri Jun 12 16:15:58 UTC 1998

sjsobol at shell.nacs.net said:
> Does this mean the ISC is going away?

No. What it does mean is that the ISC is seriously looking at limiting the
redistribution rights of some of our future software to those who have
contributed towards it's development. We are often hearing from people 'Why
should I give you money if my competitor will get it for free?', so we have to
have an answer to that. Then again, some of our funders are funding us based
on the fact that the software will be generally available, so not all things
will go that way.

We are still very committed to getting code out to small end users who need
highly functional software.

jerry