So... what's the best routing solution for..

Alex P. Rudnev alex at Relcom.EU.net
Thu Jun 11 09:10:51 UTC 1998

Sorry, why could not you use free-distributed old gated? In's quite
enougph if you do not need comminities, use simple localprefs, do not use
other modern BGP4 features.

On Tue, 9 Jun 1998, Steve Sobol wrote:

> Date: Tue, 9 Jun 1998 23:43:10 -0400
> From: Steve Sobol <sjsobol at shell.nacs.net>
> To: nanog at merit.edu
> Subject: So... what's the best routing solution for..
>
> ... a small operation with a few computers (maybe three or four servers
> plus a handful of other computers)...
>
> ... that is not multihomed, and in fact will just be running an Ethernet
> link down to the ISP downstairs...
>
> ...that is too small to get an ASN and therefore can't do BGP...
>
> Do I go with gated or something similar, or try to pick up a cheap used
> router... because I am going to be in this situation within the next
> couple months.
>
> Suggestions?
>
> --
> Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
> Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,
> and prevention of, Unsolicited Broadcast E-mail (UBE), also known as SPAM.
> Info: http://www.ybecker.net

Aleksei Roudnev, Network Operations Center, Relcom, Moscow
(+7 095) 194-19-95 (Network Operations Center Hot Line),(+7 095) 239-10-10, N 13729 (pager)
(+7 095) 196-72-12 (Support), (+7 095) 194-33-28 (Fax)