SPID and portmaster 2 BRI.

Steve Sobol sjsobol at shell.nacs.net
Wed Jun 10 03:58:21 UTC 1998

On Tue, Jun 09, 1998 at 03:21:55PM +0900, Tatsuya Kawasaki wrote:
> Hello...
>

> 1. What SPID is called in teleco lingo?

SPID. :)

Service Profile Identifier.

That's what my telephone company asks for, along with the circuit ID's,
when I call about trouble on my ISDN line.

> 4. Does anyone use portmaster 2 with BRI on  5ESS switch type?

NACS.NET used to before going to ISDN PRI service.

> 5. Any direct number to lucent Techologies that I could ask some questions
> about SPID and 5ESS stuff?

Try support at livingston.com (which conveniently is now owned by Lucent :)
They may be able to give you some pointers as to who to talk to.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,