WorldNIC

Steve Sobol sjsobol at shell.nacs.net
Wed Jun 10 03:53:42 UTC 1998

On Mon, Jun 08, 1998 at 11:35:08PM -0400, Greg Simpson wrote:

> Call me a whiner, but I still believe if .com is taken, you shouldn't
> take the .org unless you're truly nonprofit.

.org was never meant as a domain for nonprofits; it was meant as a
catchall to be used when your organization didn't fit into .com, .net,
.edu or .gov.

--
Steven J. Sobol - Founding Member, Postmaster/Webmaster, ISP Liaison --
Forum for Responsible & Ethical E-mail (FREE) - Dedicated to education about,