$110,000 for Gated Source Code

Jon Lewis jlewis at inorganic5.fdt.net
Tue Jun 9 03:48:28 UTC 1998

On Mon, 8 Jun 1998, Scott Mace wrote:

> I think you would be suprised at the number of commercial networking
> vendors that use GateD source code as the basis for their routing
> protocol suite...

And if they're going to sell products based on gated, they should be
paying royalties to the Gated Consortium...but why should the average ISP
that wants to try some of the features of gated 4.x be forced to put down
a big chunk of change?  Many ISPs will have the attitude "if I have to
spend X on gated, and still pay for the hardware and figure out the
software, I'll just hand the money to Cisco and have one company to point
fingers at if it doesn't work or breaks."

 Jon Lewis <jlewis at fdt.net>  |  Spammers will be winnuked or
 Network Administrator       |  drawn and quartered...whichever
 Florida Digital Turnpike    |  is more convenient.