worldnic

Dean Robb pceasy at norfolk.infi.net
Mon Jun 8 16:32:06 UTC 1998

At 11:37 6/5/98 -0500, you wrote:

>WorldNIC also registers domain names for other TLDs besides COM/NET/ORG/EDU,
>if you look.

Yup.  Through IDNames...owned (remarkably enough) by Network Solutions.
Nothing like bundling, eh?

>I've been hearing bits and pieces from various places at NSI regarding
>WorldNIC for a while.  **IMHO** it's a real mess.  I don't see a whole lot
>of organization with it, and NSI is acting really, really stupid by not
>making a formal press release regarding deployment of WorldNIC.

They did, in December 1997.  And via their silly "dot com people" advertising.

What do spammers and nails have in common?  They're both intended for
hammering.

Dean Robb
PC-Easy
On-site computer services