Does any know what type of wireless

Jared Mauch jared at puck.nether.net
Fri Jun 5 17:54:48 UTC 1998

On Fri, Jun 05, 1998 at 01:27:00PM -0400, Jake Khuon wrote:
> ### On Fri, 5 Jun 1998 11:18:24 -0400 (EDT), Al Reuben <alex at nac.net> wrote
> ### to nanog at Merit.Net concerning "Does any know what type of wireless ":
>
> AR> Does any know what type of wireless ethernet will be at NANOG this week?
>
> We will be setting up WaveLAN on both 915MHz and 2.4GHz bands.  We will be
> using the non-IEEE-802.11 version since we don't have any IEEE-802.11
> radios.  However, if someone wants to donate one for the duration of the
> meeting, I might be able to provide a slot in one of the access points for
> it.  We will have 12 access points.  Two of these are dual-slot access
> points.

	Let me reprhase what I think Al was trying to say:

	Does anyone have part numbers or vendors where we can call and
order these cards?  I've done some poking around at Datacomm
warehouse, and they're clueless.

	Part numbers or something of the sort that we can call up and
say "XXX makes it, their part number is YYY" would be great from
a vendor or two :)

	Thanks

	- Jared
conf t